As I read Ephesians 5:1-20, I wish there was a way to shout these words from the rooftop! These are words that if people would just listen, we could all begin to make a difference in the world. Here is what sticks out and what I believe the world needs to hear:
- Christ has forgiven you…Live in Love!
- Wrath of God comes on those who are disobedient…Do not be associated with them
- Live as children of the Light
- Try to find what is pleasing to the Lord
- Be careful how you live
- Understand what the will of the Lord is
- Be filled with the Spirit
- Give thanks to God the Father at all times.
With just these words we hear today, how can we maybe begin to make a difference? Let us imitate Jesus Christ, who forgave even the very ones that crucified him that horrible day! We are called to live in LOVE, not Hate! We are called to Live a Life in Christ!
Let us pray…Gracious God, help us to be imitators of Jesus Christ by forgiving others, living as a child of Light, being in your word that gives us understanding to your will, and fill us with the Spirit. We love you so much. Amen.